Like any good San Antonians, we love Fiesta. The ten-day celebration is the most colorful, festive, and fun time of the year in our city. And the best part? These awesome events that we all love attending are seriously good for our city!
If you didn’t know, every official Fiesta event is sponsored by a nonprofit or military organization. That means that each organization involved is able to take their Fiesta proceeds and give it right back to the San Antonio community. Every year, participating organizations raise hundreds of thousands of dollars that go toward student scholarships or services provided by the these nonprofits. Simply put, while you’re eating chicken on a stick at Oyster Bake, cracking cascarones on your friends’ heads at NIOSA, or even watching the Battle of Flowers parade, you’re giving back to San Antonio and helping to make it better year-round. It’s the most fun kind of philanthropy!
Some of our beloved Partners host their own Fiesta traditions every year, and we love them all! These events are super fun on their own, but knowing that they allow these organizations to keep up their awesome work makes us even more eager to attend.
- Walk for Autism: Any Baby Can hosts their 12th annual Walk for Autism on Saturday, April 16th. This year’s festivities are moving to the Helotes Cornyval Festival grounds, which is sure to be a great home for this wonderful event. Join the 2-mile Walk for Autism or run the Superhero 5K. Your participation will support families raising children with autism.
- San Antonio Botanical Gardens’ Viva Botánica: Celebrate Fiesta at the beautiful San Antonio Botanical Gardens on April 16th! Viva Botánica is a chance to explore the gardens and create Fiesta-style paper flowers. Fiesta proceeds allow the Botanical Gardens to connect more people to the plant world.
- SA Youth’s Chips ‘N Salsa: The 10th annual Chips ‘N Salsa is April 22nd! While you’re salsa dancing, trying your luck at a casino table, and enjoying drinks and appetizers, you’ll be helping more San Antonio youth get the tools and resources they need to become responsible adults.
- Catholic Charities’ Senior Fiesta: The Senior Fiesta on April 21stwill feature live entertainment, special guests, dancing, and resources on retirement, health and wellness, and more. Be a part of Catholic Charities‘ commitment to helping thousands of San Antonians.
- Fiesta Especial: Reaching Maximum Independence, Inc. hosts several events during Fiesta! On April 19th, children and adults with special needs are invited to a unique Fiesta experience—with accessible rides, games, and a shoebox parade. The Royalty 5K Run and Parade on Saturday, April 23rd is open to the entire community. Run or walk through Windcrest (in your Fiesta garb, of course) and help RMI provide services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Want to get even more involved? Fiesta—and its huge impact—couldn’t happen without more than 75,000 volunteers. Find out how to plug in and bring your own talent and time to this beloved celebration. Click here to see volunteer opportunities!
We’re proud to live in a city that loves history, fun, and philanthropy so much. This Fiesta, in addition to having a great time, we’re looking forward to learning even more about the great sponsoring organizations and their work. ¡Viva!