We hear about a lot of terrific events and programs happening in San Antonio and Bexar County, and we want to make sure everyone else knows about them, too! These events are certified awesome by SA2020, meaning they produce outcomes that impact our collective vision. If you want to get more involved in our community, these are some fantastic opportunities to do so. Here’s what’s coming up!
- Strong Minds and Happy Hearts: Clarity Child Guidance Center presents “Strong Minds and Happy Hearts: A Conversation on Children’s Mental Health” on Thursday, April 14th. This event is free and open to the public—there will also be free childcare and a Spanish interpreter. Read more here.
- Walk for Autism: Any Baby Can of San Antonio hosts their 12th Annual Walk for Autism Saturday, April 16th! Make plans to join the 2-mile walk, or run the Superhero 5K! This year’s event is moving to the Helotes Cornyval Grounds, which is sure to be a great backdrop for this wonderful event. Register here.
- Viva Botánica: Fiesta comes to the San Antonio Botanical Garden on Monday, April 18th! Families are encouraged to decorate strollers and wagons with Fiesta flowers. There will be crafts, games, music, and a “walk across Texas” along the Texas Native Trail. Read more here.
- SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan Survey: SA Tomorrow wants your feedback on the growth and future of our city. They invite all community members to complete this survey to help develop SA Tomorrow’s goals and direction.
- SA Youth Chips ‘N Salsa: Support SA Youth at their 10th Annual Chips ‘N Salsa Fiesta event! With casino games, appetizers and drinks, Salsa dancing, and more, this event has something for everyone. Learn more and buy your tickets for April 22nd here.
- United Way Kids Festival: This official Fiesta® event celebrates and promotes early childhood development. Join the United Way and Texas Cavaliers at Lockwood Park on Saturday, April 23rd for fun activities for kids of all ages. Read more.
Hosting an event that you’d like endorsed by SA2020? Fill out the request form here!