SA2020 drives progress toward a shared Community Vision for San Antonio through research, storytelling, and practice.
- Community: We work to achieve results prioritized by the community. We follow and uphold the community’s vision, understanding that the collective well-being of San Antonians is a shared responsibility.
- Accountability: The community’s agenda is our agenda. We are transparent and intentional in our work, holding ourselves, multi-sector organizations, and elected officials accountable to collective goals.
- Leadership: We believe everyone is capable of affecting change, and we respect knowledge and expertise across all levels of organizational hierarchy and power.
- Curiosity: We challenge one another to ask “why.” We practice continuous learning and improvement, while always leading with results.
- Celebration: We celebrate incremental change. We seek joy while engaging in the difficult work of systems change.
- We produce broadly accessible and actionable research.
- We tell stories that broaden perspectives and reshape narratives.
- We grow leadership across the community.
- We engage organizations and institutions across sectors to affect change.
- We ensure the health and sustainability of our organization.
SA2020’s Work Highlighted By Researchers and Other Communities
American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Aligning Systems with Communities to Advance Equity through Shared Measurement | 2020
Industrial Strategy Council
What Does It Take to Level Up Places? | 2020
ICMA (International City Managers’ Association)
San Antonio: Using a City-Wide Visioning Plan to Promote Community Equity | 2018
National League of Cities
City Profile on Racial Equity: San Antonio, TX | 2018