To mark this first glorious day of July, we gathered a few SA2020 highlights from the last lunar cycle in case you missed them:
- On June 4th, we released our very first Data Report! This is our first community Report Card y’all, bring it home to your moms. This report has launched us into the process of examining, analyzing, scrubbing, and polishing our data indicators to make sure that we are collecting the right numbers to reflect your vision. We’ll be asking for your input on the polished indicators, so stay tuned!
- Remember that survey about Arts and Culture in SA? The results are in! The full report is out and full of delicious info. Doesn’t it make you want to get involved in Arts & Culture?
- We have new opportunities to get involved! Join a community bike ride, learn to be a court advocate for abused children, volunteer for B-Cycle, read to a 2nd grader, or go to a Farmer’s Market!
- Thanks to the work of SA2020 partner San Antonio B-Cycle, City of San Antonio Office of Sustainability received the Innovation: Energy/Sustainability Development Award for 2012 from Sister Cities International! Looks like we’re already being “recognized as a respectful steward of natural resources and a model for responsible resource management.” Holla for moving the needle!
- Broadway Reach opened! Seven organizations, including four SA2020 Opportunity Partners, have collaborated to move the needle on ALL ELEVEN CAUSE AREAS. BOOM.
- Three brilliant LEE Fellows from Teach for America joined us for the summer to lend their smart brains to San Antonio’s cause: meet Brittany, Callie, and Katie!