Align your organization’s work to San Antonio’s shared Community Vision.
SA2020 Partner organizations are integral to San Antonio’s progress. They work every day to make the city better, change people’s lives, and move San Antonio closer to reaching the Community Vision. SA2020, the nonprofit, supports the work of these multi-sector Partners through collaboration, data-sharing, storytelling, and capacity-building.
Why become an SA2020 Partner?
- SA2020, with a unique bird’s eye view of San Antonio, influences citywide collaborations to address systemic inequities and helps make sure Partners are at the table, meaningfully.
- Nonprofit Partners are invited to participate in The Board Game, a leadership development training that matches San Antonians with organizations in need of their exact skills. Multi-sector Partners have the option of working with SA2020 to tailor The Board Game to their organization—matching employees to Nonprofit Partners.
- Nonprofit Partners are invited to participate in low-cost Advancing Racial Equity training tailored to San Antonio with national and local resources and best practices. Multi-sector Partners have the option of working with SA2020 to tailor racial equity training to their organizations.
- Partners receive invitations to other workshops and special events throughout the year to learn how to strengthen their organizational impact and connect with community members and multi-sector organizations committed to affecting change.
- SA2020 offers Partners, as a tailored fee-for-service, custom presentations and trainings, as well as program evaluation, all informed by our research and storytelling.
- SA2020 celebrates and highlights the impact of Partners across all of our communications, including the annual Community Impact Report and our digital platforms. All Partners are listed online at SA2020.org/Partners.
Who are SA2020 Partners?
CORPORATE PARTNERS are committed to supporting the nonprofit sector by aligning their philanthropic giving and volunteer hours with the greatest needs of SA2020 Nonprofit Partners, thereby moving the needle on Community Results.
FOUNDATION/FUNDER PARTNERS are committed to informing their philanthropic giving with the needs of the community, and demonstrating how their civic engagement efforts more broadly move the needle on Community Results.
EDUCATION PARTNERS are committed to informing their policies, resource allocation, and services with the needs of the community, and demonstrating how these efforts move the needle on Community Results.
GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC INSTITUTION PARTNERS are committed to informing their policies, resource allocation, and services with the needs of the community, and demonstrating how these efforts move the needle on Community Results.
MEMBER AND TRADE ORGANIZATION PARTNERS build the capacity of other organizations and demonstrate how they collaboratively move the needle on Community Results.
NONPROFIT PARTNERS lead targeted interventions, delivering programs and services based on the needs of the community, and demonstrate how their efforts move the needle on Community Results.
- We share the same vision for San Antonio as defined by the community.
- We respect knowledge and expertise across organizational hierarchies.
- We agree to work collaboratively and focus on Community Results.
- We promote asset-based thinking and communication.
- We commit to a shared language for impact and accountability.
- We challenge one another to uphold the “why.”
- We are outcomes driven and data informed.
- We understand the importance of performance measures to track our stated results.
- We celebrate incremental change.
- We practice continuous learning and improvement.
- We believe achieving Community Results requires cross-sector partnerships.
SA2020 does not partner with any organization that discriminates—through policies, funding, or services—on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, familial status, national origin or age.
Application & Rolling Deadlines
The online Partner application is for education institutions, government/public institutions, member/trade organizations, and nonprofits. Partnerships with corporations and foundations/funders are by invitation only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The application is open year-round and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. SA2020 will confirm receipt of all applications received and provide orientation dates via email. Orientation is required for new Partners. Applications are evaluated by SA2020 team members and current Partners. The assessment includes a review of the organization’s commitment to Partnership Principles, their understanding of their organization’s impact on Community Results, and the engagement of their staff and Board of Directors in pursuing a Partnership.