Join the Team
The SA2020 Team is driven by a shared passion for San Antonio’s shared Community Vision. Together, we work hard researching progress, telling stories, and championing change. On occasion, we take dance breaks.
SA2020 permanently closed its physical office in 2020 and the team now works remotely. Our programs will remain virtual through August 2020. We’re keeping the possibility of hosting in-person programs by September 2020, but will follow the guidance of health experts and make that call as we get a little further into the year. Read more about how the team is supported virtually.
SA2020 looks for folks who believe in San Antonio’s shared Community Vision. Our job descriptions show exactly the performance record, and combination of education, skills, and experience we’re looking for. Even as a small team, each person has the room to grow professionally. The preferred qualifications serve as the growth direction for each position.
The entire hiring process will take place virtually. After reviewing all applications, SA2020 will invite the most competitive applicants with the required education, experience, and skills to a virtual interview with the Director of Operations, starting the week of March 1st. We’ll invite the most competitive candidates to participate in a second virtual interview with the full team. At this stage in the process, we’ll ask folks to share three references that can speak to their leadership and specific qualifications for the job.
- Medical Dental, and Vision Coverage: SA2020 offers a comprehensive healthcare plan with medical, hospital, and prescription drug coverage, a flexible spending account, dental insurance, and vision coverage. SA2020 covers 100% of premiums for employees.
- Disability and Life Insurance: SA2020 provides short-term disability and basic life insurance coverage to Team Members at no cost, with additional coverage options available for purchase.
- 401(k) retirement plan: SA2020 provides Team Members with a 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holidays: All Team Members have 20 paid holidays each year (including a floating holiday for your birthday!).
- Paid Time Off (PTO): All Team Members begin accrual of PTO immediately upon hire. Accrual rates increase with years of service and PTO can be rolled over from year to year.
- Paid Volunteer Time: All Team Members receive 40 hours of paid volunteer time each year to use in service to the community.
- Flexible scheduling: While our general hours are 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday, we welcome Team Members to create flexible schedules to strike a balance between productivity and personal well-being.
- Phone/Internet expense allocation: Because we use our personal cell phones and Internet services for work, all Team Members receive a flat-rate stipend ($150/month for full-time employees, $75/month for part-time employees) to offset their costs
- Annual professional development funds: Recognizing that our individual growth is critical to our success as a team, SA2020 provides reimbursement to Team Members ($1,500/year for full-time employees, $750/year for part-time employees) to offset costs associated with professional development opportunities.
At SA2020, we’re transparent about compensation because we know it increases our trust, engagement, and commitment to each other and to the organization. Our compensation philosophy reflects our commitment to attract and retain a healthy, dedicated and informed team that works together to drive progress toward a shared Community Vision for San Antonio.
- We are transparent about compensation.
- We respect knowledge and expertise across the hierarchy of our organization.
- We recognize and grow the leadership of all team members.
- We are committed to regularly giving and receiving feedback on performance.
- We ensure our compensation strategy ensures the health and sustainability of our organization.
- We believe compensation is an opportunity to advance equity.
- We believe competitive compensation packages include salaries and benefits.